Consumer Panel convenes (virtually) against backdrop of COVID-19 crisis
COVID-19 precautions didn’t stop this important meeting from taking place. Panel members connected online to discuss the phone and internet issues affecting consumers across Australia from a variety of backgrounds and contexts.
Judi Jones, Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman and co-Chair of the Consumer Panel, found that many of the panel members could draw common themes between the problems different consumer groups are facing.
“It is very helpful to hear directly from the consumer advocates about the issues they are hearing about from the people they work with and represent. Their contribution will assist our systemic issues work and inform the work we do to ensure residential consumers and small businesses are able to access our service when they have an unresolved complaint.”
Consumer Panel member organisations:
- Financial Counselling Australia (Lynda Edwards, Co-Chair of the Consumer Panel)
- Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN)
- Blind Citizens Australia
- Consumer Action Law Centre
- Councils on the Ageing (COTA) Australia
- Country Women's Association Australia
- Financial Counsellors Association of WA (FCAWA)
- Isolated Children's Parents Association of Australia
- Legal Aid NSW
- National Ethnic Disability Alliance
- Council of Small Business Organisations (Australia)
Find out more about the Consumer Panel.