The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman provides a service for both consumers and service providers. We are committed to fostering and maintaining positive working relationships with all telecommunication service providers – the members of our scheme.
We are here to resolve complaints from consumers as quickly as possible; to work with you; help you improve your service; and reduce the complaints you receive.
We do this by:
- providing every opportunity for you to resolve your complaints with your customers
- making available regular detailed reports about the types of complaints you are receiving so that you can identify areas of improvement
- providing information about best practice complaint handling procedures and your legal obligations
- undertaking systemic investigations to identify issues that may affect many consumers
- providing regular updates informing you of changes in our processes and the law.
To contact Member Services please email or call 03 8680 8424.
A consumer noticed her name was not correctly spelt on her bill and she went into the providers store to fix it. Whilst in store, the provider convinced the consumer to sign up for a new NBN package which she did not fully understand.