Beware of calls recommending switching telcos
Some residential consumers and small businesses have contacted the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman today (01/03/2018), about companies claiming the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman has recommended their services.
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman would never recommend that consumers switch retailer. We do not call consumers with these recommendations and we do not engage agencies to do this on our behalf.
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman provides an independent dispute resolution service that handles complaints made by residential and small business consumers about phone and internet services.
The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman speaks with consumers and providers about complaints that have been initiated by a consumer or small business and are being conciliated or investigated.
If you are not sure if you are speaking with a staff member from the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman, you can confirm by calling us on 1800 062 058.
A staff member from the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman will never:
- Make unsolicited contact about billing issues or billing analysis
- Commission other parties to provide dispute resolution services or billing analysis services on our behalf
- Ask for copies of your bills without a complaint being open with our office
- Ask for payment for services
- Provide services that analyse and recommend alternative phone or internet providers.