Dodo, iPrimus and Commander offer remedies to customers for slow NBN speeds
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced Dodo, iPrimus and Commander have agreed to offer remedies to their customers who were misled about maximum speeds they could achieve on certain NBN plans.
The ACCC is responsible for enforcing this undertaking.
Dodo, iPrimus and Commander have until 27 April 2018 to notify affected customers by email or letter.
Residential customers who are unsure if the undertaking applies to them can contact Dodo on 13 36 36, iPrimus on 1300 85 44 85 or Commander on 132 777.
Customers who think they may be affected but who do not receive notification on or before 27 April 2018 should contact Dodo on 13 36 36, iPrimus on 1300 85 44 85 or Commander on 132 777.
All other residential consumers or small businesses with speed issues relating to a service delivered over the NBN should first contact their service provider. If the complaint remains unresolved, the residential consumer or small business can make a complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman online or by phone on 1800 062 058.
More information on this undertaking is available on the ACCC website or by calling the ACCC Info Centre on 1300 302 502.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- For all media enquiries please contact Sarah Carnovale on 0437 548 540 or email.
- The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO) provides a free and independent dispute service for small business and residential consumers who have an unresolved complaint about their telephone or internet service in Australia.
- Residential consumers and small businesses should contact tio.com.au or 1800 062 058.
The Telecommunications Industry Sector
- The Telecommunications industry regulators are the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) http://www.acma.gov.au Media enquiries to 02 9334 7719, 0434 652 063 or email@example.com The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) https://www.accc.gov.au Media enquiries to 1300 138 917, firstname.lastname@example.org After hours 0408 995 408.
- Government and the regulators set policy and regulations for the telecommunications sector.
- Communications Alliance is the peak body for Australian communications industry http://www.commsalliance.com.au Media enquiries to Sefiani Communications, (sefiani.com.au) 61 431 478 558.
- The Australian Communications Consumer Action Network (ACCAN) is Australia’s peak communications consumer organisation representing individuals, small businesses and not-for-profit groups as consumers of communications products and services. http://accan.org.au/index.php Media enquiries to 0409 966 931 or 02 9288 4000.