Skip to main content


We help resolve complaints about phone or internet services.

We are a free and independent service. That means you don’t pay and we don’t take sides.

The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman can help with:

  • Contracts: Did you agree to something that you did not get?

  • Bills: Do you think your bill is wrong or are you having trouble paying it?

  • Faults and service difficulties: Is your phone or internet service not working?

  • Disconnections: Has your phone or internet been cut off?

  • Debt collection: Are you being asked to pay a debt that is not yours?

  • Sales practices: Have you been sold a plan or equipment that you can’t afford?

How we work with you and providers

If you, or the person you are calling for, uses a phone or the internet we can help you. It may be a service used at home or in a small business. Here’s how it works:

  1. You try to resolve the complaint with your provider.

  2. If you cannot resolve the complaint with your provider, call us.

  3. We decide if we can deal with the complaint.

  4. We work with you and the provider to resolve the complaint.

  5. If you and the provider do not agree, the Ombudsman may decide how to resolve the complaint.

Getting someone to help you

You can also ask someone else to complain for you or your business, such as a friend, family member or financial counsellor. Ask for our authorisation forms over the phone or find them on our website.

Contact us

You can complain through our website at or by calling 1800 062 058.

You can post a letter to PO Box 276, Collins Street West, VIC 8007 or fax it to 1800 630 614.

An illustration shows two figures on the left and right facing a figure standing in the middle. There is an equal to sign between the figure on the left and right and the one in the center.

If you need to use a language other than English, call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and they will help you speak with us. They are a free service.

Calls to the above numbers on mobile phones may incur charges.