Skip to main content

Making a complaint for someone else

The TIO is a free service that is easy for consumers to use themselves. However, consumers can also choose someone else to represent them, such as a friend, family member or financial counsellor.

To make a complaint on behalf of another person or a small business, you will need their authorisation. You should speak to the account holder before lodging this complaint.

If we’ve referred the complaint and you can’t come to an agreement with the service provider, the account holder may need to sign a TIO Authorisation Form, which gives you the authority to share and receive information about the complaint and make decisions about how it is resolved.

For residential customers

Sole traders with an account registered under their personal name should use the residential customer form.

For small business customers

How to return the form

Return your completed and signed form by:

  • email to
  • fax to 1800 630 614
  • post to
    Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
    PO Box 276
  • uploading it as an attachment to the online complaint form