Making a complaint
Step 1: Submit a new complaint with us
- If you have made a complaint to your telecommunications service provider and it is unresolved, you can lodge a complaint with us online. Have any relevant information handy when you lodge your complaint, for example, dates of important events and names of people you have spoken to.
Step 2: Update a TIO complaint
- For any existing TIO complaint, you should update your complaint online to tell us about any developments. All you need is your name, address and TIO reference number if you have it.
- If you want to send us any attachments, please email the documents or send them to us by post or fax.
Important information before you start:
- We collect personal information about you in order to contact you and handle your complaint. We will share your personal information with the telecommunications providers who can help resolve your complaint. This may include a wholesale provider. These providers may provide your personal information to us. These providers or their staff may be overseas.
- If you choose to provide us with sensitive information, for example information about your health, you consent to us collecting and disclosing that information unless you tell us otherwise.
- If you choose to remain anonymous or withhold information, we may not be able to handle your complaint.
- With your consent, or by law, we may provide your personal information to government agencies.
- We may also provide your personal information to third parties for the purposes of improving our services.
- You can access and correct personal information that the TIO holds about you and complain about a TIO privacy breach or how the TIO has handled your personal information.
- After you submit your complaint you will be provided with a TIO reference number. Please keep a copy of that number for your records.
Excess data usage
- make an online complaint
- 1800 062 058
WritePO Box 276
Collins Street West Vic 8007
TTY1800 675 692
National Relay ServiceCall on 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 062 058
- Fax our consumer complaint form to 1800 630 614