The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman is a free and independent alternative dispute resolution scheme for small business and residential consumers. The TIO investigates complaints about the provision or supply of telephone and internet services. Carriers and eligible service providers, including internet service providers, are members of the TIO.
The TIO is a company limited by guarantee and governed by a Board of Directors. The TIO is independent of government and telecommunications carriers and service providers.
The Board of Directors is seeking expressions of interest from qualified people for the position of Director with Consumer Experience. To be eligible for this position, candidates must demonstrate a current link or links to a community or consumer group representing either users of telecommunications services or representing public interest issues relevant to telecommunications services.
- Expertise in corporate governance
- Ability to uphold the independence of the Ombudsman
- Expertise in consumer affairs and the capacity and willingness to consult with relevant community and consumer groups
- Knowledge of, or ability to acquire knowledge of, telecommunications issues and dispute resolution issues Independence of the telecommunications industry and government
- Contribute to the formulation of the TIO's strategic direction
- Provide effective input on policy and jurisdiction issues
- Review, approve and monitor business plans, budgets, risk frameworks and organisational policies
Applications close at 12 noon on Friday, 24 October 2014
View more information about the position including mandatory selection criteria.
This assignment is being handled exclusively by Jacinta Fish Legal Search and Recruitment. To pursue this opportunity in strict confidence, click www.jacintafishlegal.com.au/legal-job-search or email your resume, covering letter and responses to selection criteria to email@example.com by Friday, 24 October 2014 quoting Ref 1747723 or call Jacinta directly on 03 9039 9992.