A TIO Authorisation Form authorises an individual consumer's representative to:
- act on their behalf in relation to their complaint to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman (TIO), and
- provide personal information that may include sensitive information (e.g. about health circumstances) that the TIO may record, use and forward to the service provider.
For business consumers, a TIO Authorisation Form:
- ensures that the person lodging a complaint has the proper authority to enter into an agreement to resolve that complaint, e.g. a Director has the proper authority of a Company (Pty Ltd), and
- enables a business to appoint an authorised representative to act on behalf of the business in relation to the complaint to the TIO.
To help us decide if a business is small, we may also require business consumers to complete our Business information form:
How to return the form to the TIO
After you have completed and signed the form, you can return it to the TIO in these ways:
- Electronic return: email a scanned copy.
- Fax: 1800 630 614
Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
PO Box 276
COLLINS ST WEST VIC 8007