Based on feedback received from providers, the TIO has reviewed and implemented changes to its Level 1 notification letters and its “no contact” process. We believe the changes outlined below will make it easier for you to contact consumers, allowing for speedy resolution of complaints.
The following changes have been made to our Level 1 notification templates:
- All the information you need to help you contact the consumer is contained within the header box.
- TIO contact details are also displayed in the header box to provide you with a pathway back to the TIO if required.
- The “Responding to the complaint” section of the Level 1 notification clearly outlines three important points about responding to the complaint. These are:
- Contact the consumer to explore options to resolve the complaint.
- Resolve the complaint with the consumer within 10 working days.
- If the consumer cannot be contacted, send a letter to their postal or preferred email address – with instructions about how to contact you.
No Contact process
If you are unable to contact a consumer after receiving a Level 1 notification, we are asking you to post or email a letter to the consumer, including contact details for your complaint handling department.
A copy of this letter will also need to be emailed to email@example.com. This is a change to the previous “no contact” process which assumed providers had only tried to reach the consumer by telephone.
If you have any questions or require clarification, please contact the Industry Engagement Team on 03 8680 8424 or alternatively, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org