Position Statements and Guidance Notes
Position statements set out our general approach to particular types of telecommunications complaints.
We often refer to the position statements when dealing with complaints to give consumers and service providers an indication of the types of information we will regard as being relevant to complaints, and our general approach to resolution.
Guidance notes take a closer look at certain problems we see in new complaints.
Guidance notes include advice for consumers about how to prevent or minimise problems, and our expectations of service providers when these problems arise.
Billing and Payments
- Getting your money back: how to stop direct debits and reverse charges - guidance note
Connection and disconnection of services
- Checking your ability to pay before selling you services - guidance note
- Collecting overdue charges
- Restricting or disconnecting a service for credit management reasons
Faulty services or equipment
- Damage to infrastructure or property
- Infrastructure connecting a property to a telecommunications network
- Guidelines on the Installation and Maintenance of Low-Impact Facilities
Transfer of services
- SIM Swaps - guidance note