We publish position statements about our approach to particular types of telecommunications complaints.
The position statements outline our approach to handling particular types of complaints. They were created to ensure consistency in how we handle complaints about any given issue.
The position statements are based on our experience handling the specific type of complaint, and take into account various laws and the Telecommunications Consumer Protections Code.
We often refer to the position statements when dealing with complaints to give consumers and service providers an indication of the types of information we will regard as being relevant to complaints, and our general approach to resolution.
Billing and Payments
Connection and disconnection of services
- Assessing credit for a service
- Collecting overdue charges
- Credit information and credit reporting (before 12 March 2014)
- Credit information and credit reporting (from 12 March 2014)
- Financial hardship
- Managing usage and expenditure on a service
- Restricting or disconnecting a service for credit management reasons
- Responding to consumers with different needs
Customer service and complaint handling
Faulty services or equipment
- Damage to infrastructure or property
- Infrastructure connecting a property to a telecommunications network
Priority assistance services
- Personal information (Australian Privacy Principles)
- Silent lines
- Life threatening and unwelcome communications
Transfer of services
Use of numbers and numbers in quarantine
- make an online complaint
- 1800 062 058
WritePO Box 276
Collins Street West Vic 8007
TTY1800 675 692
National Relay ServiceCall on 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 062 058
- Fax our consumer complaint form to 1800 630 614