The TIO's publications include important information for our key stakeholders.
We have a range of brochures, including one in 31 languages, which are available for distribution to consumers and member organisations.
Our fact sheets, which can be printed in PDF format, include more comprehensive information about topics of interest for consumers and small businesses.
Our annual report contains a review of our key statistics, staff and consumer profiles, analysis of the key issues that we have dealt with during the year, and an analysis of telecommunications industry consumer codes.
We have the power to decide the resolution of a complaint, and tell a service provider the actions they must take or not take. We can publish details about any complaint we have decided or dismissed.
We provide consumers with regular updates on our key statistics, case studies, and consumer tips. You can subscribe to receive TIO news as it breaks.
We issue regular media releases, which provide comment on topics of interest including the contents of TIO Talks and our annual report.
Some documents on this site are available as Portable Document (PDF) format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view PDFs. It is available as a free download from the Adobe website. The Adobe Accessibility Resource Centre also provides a number of tools that can help people who use speech readers to read the content of PDF documents. These tools work by converting PDF documents to text readable by speech readers. These tools are free of charge and most require no downloading of files.
- Breach of privacy case study
- Video conferencing in Auslan
- TIO celebrates NAIDOC Week
- Calling number display and your privacy
- New data retention obligations for providers
Latest Media Releases
- 2014 Annual Report
- 2014 Annual Report
- TIO complaints: the year in review 2013-14
- 2013 Annual Report
- 2012 Annual Report
- Determination 17 June 2014
- Determination A 29 May 2014
- Determination B 29 May 2014
- Determination 22 May 2014
- Determination 30 September 2013
Factsheets and brochures
- TIO 20th Anniversary Timeline
- 'Do you have a problem with your telephone or internet provider?' - large print
- 'Do you have a problem with your telephone or internet company?' pdf
- Information for credit restoration agencies
- Information for clients of credit restoration agencies
TIO Talks archive
- Guidelines on the installation and maintenance of low-impact facilities APRIL 2015 (PDF, 205KB)
- Responding to consumers in financial hardship
- TIO Board Charter - 6 June 2014
- Responding to customers in financial hardship
- make an online complaint
- 1800 062 058
WritePO Box 276
Collins Street West Vic 8007
VisitLevel 3, 595 Collins Street
TTY1800 675 692
National Relay ServiceCall on 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 062 058
- Fax our consumer complaint form to 1800 630 614