Who can complain?
If you answer “yes” to all the questions in the complaint checklist below, the TIO will usually be able to deal with your complaint:
- Are you a residential consumer or small business?
- Is your complaint about your landline telephone, mobile or internet service, or damage to your property or telecommunications equipment?
- Have you already tried to contact your service provider to solve your complaint with them?
- Are you the account holder or have been authorised to deal with this matter?
- Is your complaint less than 12 months old? (You may also be able to complain if your complaint is between 1 and 2 years old, and you have a good reason for not making it before).
If you are in doubt about whether the TIO can deal with your complaint, contact us.
If your issue involves more than $100,000, the TIO may still be able to help you resolve your issue but we cannot make a binding decision above the value of $50,000 or any recommendation above the value of $100,000. You may wish to speak with a lawyer if you think this is a better option for you.
If your complaint is not about a telephone, mobile or internet service see other organisations that may be able to help you.
Here is more information about the types of complaints we deal with.
- make an online complaint
- 1800 062 058
WritePO Box 276
Collins Street West Vic 8007
VisitLevel 3, 595 Collins Street
TTY1800 675 692
National Relay ServiceCall on 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 062 058
- Fax our consumer complaint form to 1800 630 614