Tips: dealing with us
When you lodge a complaint at the TIO, you are participating in the Alternative Dispute Resolution process. We will ask you to:
- tell us how you think your complaint can be resolved, e.g. having the problem fixed, an explanation of events, an apology, compensation for lack of access to a telecommunications service etc.
- listen respectfully to other points of view, and be willing to:
- discuss your complaint with us and your telephone/internet service provider
- negotiate with your service provider
- send information to us or your service provider
- think about your version of events and the evidence you have to support your point of view. If there is no evidence to support your point of view, can you expect the complaint to be resolved in the way you first wanted?
- be willing to compromise where this seems reasonable.